https://floridastrokecollaboration.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/pexels-photo-4031867-scaled.jpeg 1707 2560 Antonio Bustillo https://floridastrokecollaboration.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/blank-150x150.png Antonio Bustillo2020-04-29 22:32:212020-04-29 22:32:57COVID-19 and stroke: Resource round-up #2!
A second round of COVID-19 and stroke care updates! We hope these will be helpful resources to refer during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Association of Black Cardiologists’ recent webinar: At The Heart of The Matter: Unmasking the Invisibility of COVID-19 in Diverse Populations
- Consider joining the American Heart Association COVID-19 Professional Forum
- COVID-19 has put immense strain on healthcare workers. Several recently-published articles highlight the voices of those on the front lines of the pandemic:
- Inside a COVID-19 ICU: ‘I’m Terrified’ by Laura A. Stokowski, RN, MS
- Understanding and Addressing Sources of Anxiety Among Health Care Professionals During the COVID-19 Pandemic by Tait Shanafelt, MD et al.
- Factors Associated With Mental Health Outcomes Among Health Care Workers Exposed to Coronavirus Disease 2019 by Jianbo Lai, MSc
- As Coronavirus Fears Grow, Doctors and Nurses Face Abuse, Attacks by Mary Beth Sheridan, Niha Masih and Regine Cabato
- Telemedicine-Based Prehospital Stroke Triage Speeds Thrombectomy by Nicole Lou
- Cleveland Clinic Grand Rounds presentation by Dr. Catherine Hassett, DO; Pandemic: Neurologic Complications of Coronaviridae
- Georgia Coverdell Acute Stroke Registry quarterly meeting: See the slides here, and watch the presentation here (password: 6U&Lw3B8)