The FSR has recently initiated the FSR Virtual Journal Club. Selected research articles featured through our listerv’s “Friday Food For Thought” series will be presented by FSR stakeholders. We invite you to join us and consider presenting your own stroke research or recommend an article to be presented. Please see the recording below from our […]
In the interest of compiling recent articles, news items and other updates related to COVID-19 and stroke, we wanted to share our third resource round-up. We hope the below resources will be useful to you! Please send suggestions to email@example.com.
- Neurologist Dr. David Z. Rose of University of South Florida recent interview regarding stroke census, COVID-19 and stroke symptoms, and the hazards of delaying care
- University of Missouri School of Medicine neurologist Dr. Adnan I. Qureshi led a team of international stroke experts to develop updated recommendations for the treatment of stroke patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19. The findings were also recently published in the International Journal of Stroke.
- Recently-published correspondence in the New England Journal of Medicine suggests a 39% decrease in the number of patients evaluated for acute stroke at U.S. hospitals, when comparing current data to pre-pandemic numbers.
- EMS World has many relevant upcoming and archived webinars on COVID-19 and pre-hospital care
- This recent journal article discusses important considerations related to health disparities and COVID-19: Haynes Norrisa, Cooper Lisa A., Albert Michelle A. At the Heart of the Matter: Unmasking and Addressing COVID-19’s Toll on Diverse Populations. Circulation. Published 4 May 2020. doi:10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.120.048126
- Another noteworthy case study published in NEJM Correspondence: Large-Vessel Stroke as a Presenting Feature of Covid-19 in the Young
- A collection of excellent resources from the recently (virtually) held AHA Southeast Professional Forum on Stroke and COVID-19:
- Recorded Webinar (password: 4b#p7C4d)
- Presentation slides (downloads as PDF)
- Questions & Answers (downloads as PDF)
- Patient follow-up call script (downloads as PDF)
- Caregiver Support and COVID-19 (downloads as PDF)
- AHA COVID-19 graphic on calling 911 ( Spanish)
- AHA COVID-19 graphic on calling 911 ( English)
BROWARD HEART BALL ** VIRTUAL EVENT **
Saturday, May 16, 2020 | 7:30pm – 8:30pm
Click here for more information and to register!